Picard Audap Solanet & Associés (Paris)

Librairie Léonce Laget : vente du fonds, première partie: architecture, varia (catalogue of the residual stock of Librairie Léonce Laget, sold by Picard Audap Solanet & Associés with the expertise of Dominique Courvoisier, Hôtel Drouot, Paris, 28-29 November 2005)

Paris, Picard Audap Velliet Teissèdre, 2005
(27 cm), [136] pp., illustrations (some in colour). 573 lots. Publisher’s printed wrappers. - Léonce Laget served his apprenticeship with Gaston Colas and commenced bookselling on his own account in 1952, specialising in old books on architecture, the fine and decorative arts, of which he published more than 150 catalogues. Laget guided important private collectors, notably Arnaud de Vitry and Serge Letellier, and participated energetically in the development of the Avery Library, Canadian Centre for Architecture, Getty Center, and other institutional collections; he is perhaps better-known for introducing onto the market the collections of architectural books formed by Charles Charles-Frédéric Mewès (1860-1914). Laget’s first shop was situated at 54 rue Bonaparte; he later traded from 75 rue de Rennes (1972-1990), 76 rue de Seine (1991-1997), and 88 de la rue Bonaparte (1997-2005). After 1986, the firm was managed by his long-time collaborator, Véronique Delvaux. ¶ Occasional pencil annotation. Laser print of prices realised loosely inserted.

£ 28

Enquire

Remove bookmark Add bookmark

We are replying to messages, however the office is temporarly closed for vacation. We will resume shipping books in mid-August..
Top