The Fowler architectural collection of The Johns Hopkins University : Catalogue (Evergreen House Foundation Publication, 1)
Baltimore, Evergreen House Foundation, 1961
(29 cm), xvi, 383 (1) pp., 30 plates, 1 folding chart. Publisher’s cloth binding. - 448 items, 210 of them by just ten favoured authors. The collection was given to Johns Hopkins University in 1945 by the architect Laurence Hall Fowler (1876-1971), and is now housed in the John Work Garrett Library, a building Fowler himself designed. According to a prospectus, “The edition is limited to 500 copies”, although no limitation statement appears in the book. Donald C. Dickinson, Dictionary of American Book Collectors (New York 1986), pp.124-125. ¶ Slight shelf wear; otherwise a very fine copy.